may 1, 2021 general election for the city of garden ridge
The May 1, 2021 General Election will be conducted this year with safety in mind. All polling will take place in the Community and Event Center to allow for social distancing and masks will be required. The purpose of this election is to elect a Mayor, Councilmember Place 2, and Councilmember Place 3. All information regarding this election will be posted on the City's website, but you may call 210-651-6632 if you have any questions.
Early Voting dates and times will be posted here once finalized.
Notice for Filing for Place on the Ballot
Notice of Drawing for Order of Names on Ballot
Ordinance No. 229 Ordering 2021 General Election
Early Voting and Election Day Polling Locations
- January 13th - First Day for candidate to file for place on the ballot (Mayor, Place 2, and Place 3 will be on 2021 General Election Ballot)
- February 12th - Last Day for candidate to file for place on the ballot (must be received by 5 p.m.)
- April 1st - Last Day to Register to Vote in order to vote in May 1, 2021 General Election
- April 19th - April 24th, April 26th, and April 27th - Early Voting
- May 1st - Election Day (7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
The City of Garden Ridge will begin accepting applications on January 13th for a place on the ballot. You may pick up a Candidate Packet at City Hall starting January 12th or view the electronic packet here. There are notary services available in City Hall for the completion of your application.