Building / Inspections

Whether you are planning on building a new residence or adding an addition to an existing residence, you should review the City of Garden Ridge Building Packet and meet with the City 's Building Inspector.  All contractors working within the City of Garden Ridge, as well as those who install irrigation systems and backflow inspectors must be licensed by the State of Texas.

It is highly recommended that prior to planning a development project in the City of Garden Ridge, all parties involved familiarize themselves with the city's regulations and Ordinance 7 concerning subdivision and development, and Ordinance 13 concerning zoning prior to submitting a master plan or plat.

The Building Inspector reviews all plans and applications in regards to the International Residential Council (IRC) for building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing (IPC), Fuel Gas Code and city ordinances such as:  

View the building fees.