To view the City of Garden Ridge Calendar click here.
- Beginning the week of September 12-18
The library will keep the same schedule as city hall
- Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm - Change on this day
- Friday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm - Change on this day
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
After-School Programs Begin the week of
See the schedule below
Beginning Gardening Lunch-n-Learn Series
Presented by Comal Master Gardeners
September 8, 12:00 Noon, "Water Conservation & Rainwater Harvesting,"
presented by Steven Grainger
We offer the following programs
- Tuesdays, Northside Knitters, 10:00 am
- Tuesdays, Lego Robotics, 3:15 pm (beginning September 7)
- 2nd Tuesdays, Card-making for Troops, 12:00 noon
- 3rd Tuesdays, Card-Making (adults) - 1:00 pm
- Wednesdays, Regular Legos Club , 3:15 pm (beginning September 8)
- Thursdays, Adult Coloring, 1:00 pm
- Thursdays, - Coding Class - Learning Scratch from scratch, 3:15 pm (beginning September 9)
- Fridays, Preschool Storytime, 10:30 am and Stay and Play, immediately following
We are a member of the Lone Star Consortium of electronic books. Go to the link below for help in downloading it.
There is another app called SimplyE that you may use as well. They have just added thousands more eBooks and eAudiobooks. If you haven’t used it yet, here are simple instructions:
- Download the SimplyE app from the Apple or Google Play store
- Open the app
- Find your library
- Search or browse for ebooks and audiobooks
- Click on “Get” when you find the title you want
- The first time only, you must type in your library barcode number and PIN (phone number) without spaces or dashes; this information is now saved
- Read (or listen) and enjoy!
I hope this helps! SimplyE of Amigos continues to be available to you if you need help – email@example.com.
if you feel unable or unwilling to enter the library, we will take books to your car
We are making every effort to keep the Library and books as clean and germ-free as possible. Once a book is returned, we are still placing it in a commercial sterilizer. It utilizes U-V rays and ozone, the same cleansers used in hospitals. Linda and Wendy will use gloves to transfer the books from the bin to the sterilizer. Many libraries use only alcohol-based wipes, but we go one step deeper into any possible decontamination. The bin that is used to bring the books inside will be cleaned with bleach water. As an added safety measure, the books – even though they have been sterilized – will be placed in quarantine for two days before checking them out to someone else.
The librarians will use disposable gloves to carry your book bundles to the table, and the table will be cleaned frequently with an alcohol-based solution.
Please think of others by washing your hands before reading a book and by not coughing or sneezing into it.
We appreciate your understanding and support during these unprecedented circumstances, and we hope to continue offering our great service and products.