To view the City of Garden Ridge Calendar click here.
Monday - Friday
the library will be open from 10:00 am till 5:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am till 1:00 pm
You may check books out without fear. We have thoroughly sterilized the books, plus placed them in isolation for more time. (SEE our system below).
There is more information at the bottom about electronic books and online classes.
We will once again accept gently used, fairly current books - one box at a time. Please ask yourself if these books would be appropriate for the library's shelves.
Thank you for thinking of us with your book donations.
Special Activity in March:
Estate Planning Techniques: What Works, What Doesn’t and What’s New?
Garden Ridge Community Center, March 25, 2021 – 6:30 p.m.
Who needs estate planning? Married couples, blended families, parents & grandparents, people who did their planning more than 5 years ago, taxpayers, anyone who will die within the next 100 years - Everyone
Presentation will be by Garden Ridge estate planning attorney: James N. Voeller, Attorney at Law, Certified Estate Planning Law Specialist (EPLS)*, Accredited Estate Planner (AEP®)**
THE VOELLER LAW FIRM
Space is limited to 70 people due to COVID restrictions...Must register to attend
Light refreshments will be served.
We offer the following programs
- Tuesdays, Northside Knitters, 10:00 am
- Tuesdays, Lego Robotics, 3:15 - 4:15 pm
- 2nd Tuesdays, Card-making for Troops, 12:00 noon
- 3rd Tuesdays, Card-Making (adults) - 1:00 pm
- Wednesdays, Regular Legos Club, 3:15-4:15 pm, Build a different project each week
- Thursdays, Coding, "Learn Scratch from Scratch," 3:15-4:15 pm, Scratch is a drag-and-drop program which teaching children how to make games, videos, and websites.
- Thursdays, Adult Coloring - 1:00 pm
- Fridays, Preschool Storytime, 10:30 am and Stay and Play, immediately following
- 1st Saturdays, Tech Day, 10:00 am-12:30 pm, Explore the wonderful technology available including Lego Robotics, Coding by Scratch, AWE Computers, Cricut Machine
if you feel unable or unwilling to enter the library,
We are making every effort to keep the Library and books as clean and germ-free as possible. Once a book is returned, it will be placed in a commercial sterilizer. It utilizes U-V rays and ozone, the same cleansers used in hospitals. Linda and Wendy will use gloves to transfer the books from the bin to the sterilizer. Many libraries use only alcohol-based wipes, but we go one step deeper into any possible decontamination. The bin that is used to bring the books inside will be cleaned with bleach water. As an added safety measure, the books – even though they have been sterilized – will be placed in quarantine for two days before checking them out to someone else.
The librarians will use disposable gloves to carry your book bundles to the table, and the table will be cleaned frequently with an alcohol-based solution.
Please think of others by washing your hands before reading a book and by not coughing or sneezing into it.
We appreciate your understanding and support during these unprecedented circumstances, and we hope to welcome you to the Library again very soon!
We are a member of the Lone Star Consortium of electronic books. Go to the link below for help in downloading it.
There is another app called SimplyE that you may use as well. If you haven’t used it yet, here are simple instructions:
- Download the SimplyE app from the Apple or Google Play store
- Open the app
- Find your library
- Search or browse for ebooks and audiobooks
- Click on “Get” when you find the title you want
- The first time only, you must type in your library barcode number and PIN (phone number) without spaces or dashes; this information is now saved
- Read (or listen) and enjoy!
I hope this helps! SimplyE of Amigos continues to be available to you if you need help – email@example.com.