- Public Works
- Garbage & Recycling
Garbage & Recycling
Garbage and recycling collection and disposal services are provided by Republic Services.
Household Residential Collection
- Household residential garbage collection is provided twice weekly for paying customers who reside inside of city limits.
- Residents may place their household garbage near their curb by 7 a.m. on their scheduled collection day.
- Bagged leaves, grass, and bundled brush and branches can be left for curbside collection, if they do not exceed four (4) feet in length and 35 pounds in weight.
- View acceptable recycling materials.
- View the Collection Service Map to determine collection days.
|Route A||Route B|
|Tuesday and Friday garbage collection||Monday and Thursday garbage collection|
|Friday recycling collection||Thursday recycling collection|
- Solid waste is collected from commercial firms on an "as needed basis" ranging from twice to four times weekly.
Trash & Recycling Holidays
No trash or recycling will be collected on the listed holidays. Instead, it will be collected the following day.
- New Year’s Day - January 1
- Thanksgiving Day - last Thursday in November
- Christmas Day - December 25
Republic Services provides roll-off dumpsters for the disposal of brush, metal, wood, appliances that are certified Freon free, and other items in the odd months for the convenience of Garden Ridge residents. View the accepted materials here. No commercial or contractor disposal allowed. Proof of residency is required. The disposal site is located off Municipal Parkway on the following scheduled dates from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.