- Feature Links
- Garbage & Recycling
Garbage & Recycling
Garbage and recycling collection and disposal services are provided by Republic Services. Curbside garbage collection is twice weekly and curbside recycling collection is once per week. Your location in the city determines the collection days for garbage and recycling.
For service, complete the garbage service agreement.
- Tuesday and Friday curbside garbage collection
- Friday curbside recycling collection
- Residences located in the area within FM 3009, FM 2252, Bat Cave Road, and Schoenthal Road
- Monday and Thursday curbside garbage collection
- Thursday curbside recycling collection
- Residences located in the areas outside of FM 3009, FM 2252, Bat Cave Road, and Schoenthal Road
Trash & Recycling Holidays
No trash or recycling will be picked up on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day - January 1
- Thanksgiving Day - last Thursday in November
- Christmas Day - December 25
Trash and recycling will be picked up the next business day, if your regular collection date falls on one of the above holidays.
BAGGED LEAVES, GRASS, AND TWIGS
Reasonable amounts of yard waste can be disposed of curbside consisting of bagged leaves, grass, and bundled brush and branches. Bundles should not exceed four (4) feet in length and 35 pounds in weight.
Disposal of Brush, Metal, Wood, Appliances, and Furniture
Republic Services provides roll-off dumpsters for the disposal of brush, metal, wood, appliances and furniture six times yearly for the convenience of Garden Ridge residents only. No commercial or contractor disposal allowed. Proof of residency is required. The disposal site is located off Municipal Parkway on the following scheduled dates from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Click HERE to learn what materials are accepted.